photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Being blunt

It's no surprise that I think my bangs are my best attribute. They never separate, they're blunt (just like me) and I'm good at having them. You may be thinking, "Jen, out of everything about yourself, you take pride in your bangs?" In a way, yes. They're a huge part of my personal style, and I have my mom to thank for it.

Me, circa 1985
I departed from having "fringe" when I was around 10, and after years of trying out different styles, I found my way back to bangs about a year ago, and what you see today is probably the best description of me in a style sensibility.

However, my ultimate bang icon is Zooey Deschanel. <le sigh>




But I digress... I'm a huge fan of bangs in the overall realm of hairstyles, so when I saw Doo.Ri's Fall 2011 models sporting a heavy fringe, I was thrilled (not to mention the new collection looks amazing!).

All photos by Style.com


And while Doo.Ri is up there with one of my favorite collections, the designer who tugs at my drawstrings is Betsey Johnson. Ms. Johnson's collections speak to me the most - rocker chick with a super feminine flair. Dark mistress meets Pretty In Pink. She revealed her newest collection on Valentine's Day and it contained three things I absolutely adore - plaids, florals and animal prints! As women, we're expected to be all frilly and fem - which is great. But there's some gals out there who love the darker, tomboyish side to fashion, and I think Betsey strikes the perfect balance between the two.

All photos via Style.com

And Betsey's girl's had bangs, too. Hmm... maybe bangs will take over as the new mullet - business in the front, party in the back.

3 comments:

Doni W. said...

I love your bangs too!

Mrs. A said...

I have been thinking about going back to bangs...do you vote yay or nay???? btw...excellent blog girlie! <3 :)

Elena Staats said...

I love Zooey Deschanel's bangs, and well her hair in general haha. I've been contemplating switching from side bangs to actual bangs. Love yours!