photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, February 11, 2011

I came, I saw, I blogged


I died and went to blogger heaven... and everyone was taking pictures of themselves.

As you've probably noticed, everything this week has been leading up to the the IFB Evolving Influence Conference that took place yesterday at Milk Studios in NYC. It all kicked off when the wind ruined my bangs on Wednesday night, but meeting contest winners and bloggers Krista from ProFreshStyle and Nubia from Nubia's Nonsense made up for it. I also met Jennine, founder of IFB and The Coveted, who is without a doubt one of the most bubbly, friendly and just all around down-to-earth ladies in the blogging business.

As part of winning the contest, I won a camera and the chance to participate in a produced video, which meant I interviewed fellow bloggers in uncomfortable shoes throughout the day on their thoughts on the future of fashion blogging. Plus, fellow contest winner, and my new favorite person from Michigan, Doni from LivLuxMag was my partner in crime.

Heavy stuff, right?

Among the many stylish bloggers I chatted with, and the panels, here'a a couple of highlights:
1. Boston loves blogging!


During the panels, I scoured the room for potential interviewees for my assignment. I happened to bump into Amy of StylishYear.com (at far right), who donned an adorable skirt from H&M... I knew I'd get a long with her immediately after sharing that my ensemble was also from the same store. She introduced me to Mara Does Makeup (ww.beso.com) and Nina of TheStyleGlossary.com (pictured at left).

2. Bloggers ain't playin' with their footwear. The Jeffrey Campbells were out in full effect... and I'm not complaining. The wedge was also a favorite.

3. The panels were amazing! There is an abunance of info that I didn't know was so accessable... and obtainable! Plus, I was somewhat surprised that the blogging community are a bunch of cool, down-to-earth women (assumingly) who are uber friendly and (obviously) blatently fashionable or epic fail clothing donners.

4. London has beautiful grassy landscapes... North Jersey has farms with dirty sheep.

Here's some other gems from the day:


Jennine and I from IFB & The Coveted

Proenze Schouler, the keynote speakers

Sarah of Effortless Cool (http://www.effortlesscool.wordpress.com/)



My Outfit
\
Striped Tunic - H&M
Faux leather vest - Mandee
Ponte leggings - Forever21
Patent leather wedge boots - Modcloth.com


Oh, and check out some of the blogs I'm diggin' from the pleathora of cards I exchanged:
- Fashables Thanx Ryan for the blog love! And read about his IFB experience here

4 comments:

Mary Grein said...

OMG!! SO jealous! Wish I could have gone! Looks like an amazing experience!
xoxo,
MG
http://www.mgstylemix.com/

Unknown said...

lady it was lovely to meet you at IFB!! love your recap. XXO

Anonymous said...

SO great to meet you at IFB!! You are such a doll :)

www.stylishyear.com

Nicolle Saylor said...

Hi!! check out your pic at my blog!

nicollesaylor.blogspot.com

so nice to meeting you!!

xoxo

nicolle