photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, March 7, 2011

Shopping-ologie

Sometimes I get bored and need to change something up. Usually, I'll go shopping but when I'm really in need of some refreshing, I'll get my hair glazed. It was a spur of the moment decision, as I called in the morning and had an appointment set for the afternoon.

The results: A darker brown with a tint of red.

The salon I go to, Bangz (no coincidence to my own) in Montclair, NJ is located near a slue of shops on Church Street, including Urban Outfitters, small jewelry and clothes boutiques, bakeries and the newest, Anthropologie. Going to the salon is just another excuse to shop since they are in close proximity to each other.

Anthropologie is all types of grand, but my three top reasons for going there:

1. It always smells good.


2. I'd live there. Whomever does their decor, I'd like to hire them to revamp my own digs. This particular store has two levels, all of which is decked out in chic housewares and of course, clothes in Anthropologie's signature aesthetic.



I never noticed the books they carry, but wishlist, here I come.

3. The sale rack

While I peruse the entire store, I never miss the sale section. I've had a lot of luck in this part of the store... everything I've ever purchased has been found there. Saturday was no exception. After shuffling through racks, I took my three potentials to the fitting room.

1. Blue cropped overcoat - $39. This color breaks my color barrier in that I don't own anything cobalt blue. The color and shape of the jacket was adorbs, and as you can see, goes well with what I wore that day. The coat's versatility factor was a plus.


2. Butterfly printed tank - $29. The print on this lightweight, cotton tank immediately caught my attention. I adore abstract prints, and being that I'm finished with buying winter clothes, this top also checked off a lot of pluses.



 3. Striped three-quarter sleeve blouse -  $39. Initially, I liked the color and the pintucked bib. But once I tried it on, not so much.


So, which one did I buy? Check back to find out which one made the cut!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the blue jacket! hope you bought it :)

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com