photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Five essential items every fashion blogger should have

If you're gunna run a fashion blog and show off your looks, I think there's a couple of wardrobe staples every gal should have. These items aren't just things that I happen to favor - okay, maybe a little. Check out my top five items fashion bloggers should have stocked in their closets.

1. A blazer
Even if you're a lady that loves skirts and dresses, a blazer is versatile enough to go with leggings, shorts and of course, jeans. 

ASOS Tailored Contrast Blazer

I happen to have three - basic black, a beige one and a pink single-breasted blazer with black lapels which is for a dressier look. While it's considered a men's sportswear piece, blazers have come a long way for women as they're made in a variety of shapes with detailing that measures up to a men's equivalent. 

2. Tights
I'm talking good quality tights that are warm enough to rock in the winter, yet light enough to pair with summer looks. And they can be paired with everything - shorts, skirts, dresses. Investing in a couple of good pairs in a variety of colors will pay off in the end - especially during the spring to summer transition. I recommend We Love Colors - it's an amazing site where you can find pretty much any color imaginable.

3. Jeans
Ah, the underdog of fashion blogging - although eatsleepdenim is doing wonders for jeans. Let's face it - the weather doesn't always cooperate, ladies. I know you want to look like a doll and all standing outside for your pics, but I'm not trying to get sick because I didn't do what my mother told me to do - cover my legs when it's cold out.

If you're going to spend the most money on a wardrobe stable, you might as well put it in your pants... I mean, into a denim investment. For me, a pair of perfect fitting jeans is the make or break of an outfit that looks put-together or messy. Find whatever style fits you best and stock up.

4. A Handbag

Photo via http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2009/12/21/sarah-jessica-parker-loves-her-diane-de-maria-bonnie-bag/
Whether your favorite is Marc by Marc Jacobs (cough cough) or Miu Miu, buying a well-made bag is definitely a long term investment. Depending on the style, your bag of choice will most likely go with anything in your closet, - and unless your rough on it, will be with your for years to come. Sarah Jessica Parker knows what's up - she loves her Bonnie bag.

5. A repeat offender
This is a piece that you love, and that readers identify with being "your style". Whatever it is, I say show it off... over and over again. I think it's great when a blogger takes pride in something that they love and can incorporate it into multiple looks. It's practical and realistic - not all of us have thousands laying around and can shop with carelessness. For me, it's vests... and Harley.

Outfit
Striped sweater - Forever21
Vest - Zara
Jeans - Zara
Shoes - Mandee
Necklace - thrifted


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved reading this post . I agree about everything and I would also add to the list a perfect dress that makes you look like a million bucks :)
Dora

Unknown said...

your dog is so cute! i love the blazer in the first picture!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

smoki2 said...

So true. ......I need to go shopping!