photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday 5 Day #3 - No Shopping Challenge Edition

I sorta feel like the Bruce Jenner of the No Shopping Olympics. The comments are motivating, so keep 'em coming! When I decided to do this, I figured it was no big deal, but it appears people are really  interested in seeing the outcome.  Either it's because y'all really want me to succeed or would like to see me shop.

And admittingly, the pressure is on to not fail.

Day #3 - No Cravings
So far, so good. Since starting the challenge Tuesday, shopping hasn't crossed my mind. That's probably because I went to the mall Monday and put the challenge into affect that night. And yes, I did buy something - the last hoorah. It was two bath bombs from Lush.

Online browsing hasn't been that heavy. The only sites I viewed were Solestruck.com and LorisShoes.com, after receiving an email about limited edition Jeffrey Campbells....Would I love a pair of his shoes? You bet. But right now (ask me later), I'm not sad that I can't shop. I'll just admire from afar.

The trick that'll carry me the farthest during my shopping exile is my "Reserve Pile." This is collection of clothes, shoes and accessories still sitting in bags in my closet, waiting to be worn. Just think of it as a "Break In Case Of Emergency" type situation.

So, since I'm not spending, here's my Friday 5 of what I would buy if I could. But do me a favor: Don't tell me if you went shopping and snatched up one of my desirables. I might lose it. Especially #4. = P

1. Jeffrey Campbell El-Carmen

Beauties, aren't they? I'm putting this in my "Didn't Shop for 30 Days So Reward Yourself With This" category.

2. The Editor - A Blogging Planner

Photo via http://theeditor.terrablack.com/
I've wanted this planner for some time, and kept putting off getting it. Perhaps one of the most practical purchases a blogger can make, The Editor is ingenious. While I can't purchase, why should I deprive my readers from investing in this life-saving organizational planner? Snatch one up for $25 at http://theeditor.terrablack.com/.

3. A subscription to Nylon



There's nothing like a good read. I've only subscribed to a handful of mags in my time, and Nylon will be next. The way they combine fashion and pop culture in a way that's witty and sometimes urban is just cool. I'd love to work there... <hint hint>.

4. A squirrel monkey



There's a website for everything, and while I think the idea of owning a squirrel monkey is fun, a bit cruel and a little ridiculous, it's obtainable. Proof is in primate - http://www.primatestore.com/forsale.asp.

5.  Hallelu's Must Have Skirt


... Only 27 more days to go....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha i hope u make it through 30days :)

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Sabrina said...

Those shoes are so adorable! Online shopping is always so difficult for me to resist!

Sincerely,
Sabrina