photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting Gorgeous NYC - April 2, 2011

Outfit:
Plaid shirt - Old Navy
Skirt - H&M
Tights - Target
Shoes - Bakers


On Saturday, I had the opportunity to attend the Getting Gorgeous with Degree event, held at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York. Playing host to sponsors and bloggers alike, the occasion gathered women to check out some new products and mingle with other writers all at once.

The other reason for taking the PATH into the city was to meet up with some of the lovely ladies of the NYC Fashion Bloggers Meetup Group. Among those in attendance were Monroe Steele of FashionSteeleNYC, Nubia of Nubia's Nonsense, Mary of glaMARous, Janique of MyGoodyBag.com and new blogger buddy Pam of Cinderella's Closet. The women of the meetup group are simply awesome, and I can't wait for the next time we all get together!



I arrived at the event and checked out some vendors while waiting for other members to arrive. I couldn't help but notice I was among the few gals who chose to wear a skirt and tights... but my embarrassment at the potential of overdressing was soon quelled when I spotted Pam wearing a similar look... and my fellow bloggers putting me at ease with their take on black tights, as well.

Among the vendors sponsoring the event were Goody, who was raffling gift bags filled with hair accessories, Degree, Hanes, Shopafrolic.com and one of my new favorite vendors, FlipOut Sandals! I gave them a test run once I got home - the flip flops are not only comfortable, but what makes them so unique are interchanging ornaments that you can customize to match your outfit. Can't wait for the weather to get warm to wear em'!

Here's some quick shots from the event!











4 comments:

Unknown said...

aw you look stunning!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

House Of Jeffers said...

Thanks lady! I appreciate your comments - every single one of em!

Stephanie said...

it was lovely meeting you! :]

Ria said...

Looks like a really cool event. I love stuff like this where you can just wander around and get introduced to new stuff.