photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

THE FINALE - 30 Day Shopping Challenge is over!!!

I DID IT!!!!

Outfit:
Dress - Forever 21
Necklace - Mandee
Gladiator Sandals - Target

Even Harley's happy!

After 30 long days, I'm happy to say that I completed my No Shopping Challenge, and I'm now ready to burn a hole in my wallet! There were lots of trying times - times when I really just wanted to go shopping out of stress, frustration and sheer boredom, but, I hung in there and now I'm ready to jump back into my favorite sport! However, this has taught me how to save significantly, and in the future, I will be more conscious of budgeting my money and spending habits.

To some, it may be sad that I take so much joy in shopping. It's not always about buying myself something just to do it. Sometimes it's about treating yourself because your down in the dumps and need a pick me up... Or you reward yourself for working hard or for accomplishing something. Plus, I will say that as a fashion blogger, sometimes the pressure is on to look your best - and when nothing in your closet will do the trick, you turn to other blogs and see what everyone else is wearing... and it inspires you to go shopping!

But now, the serious stuff...

I've been thinking about my plan of attack for Shopapooloza 2011, and the itinerary looks a little like this:



What you see above is the actual Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, NJ's map. This operation is going into affect at exactly 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, approximately 30 mins away from my job. I've planned out the hunt to a T, including hot zones (1, 2 & 3), a break if necessary and a guestimate of how long it will take in each area.

Area 1 - The target is Forever 21 - the mother-load, if you will.
Area 2 - Multiple hits at Loft, Aldo and Gap - looking for shoes, accessories and tops.
Area 3 - Upper level focusing on H&M, Mandee, Spring Shoes & two open slots (if needed).

And this is just Day 1...

4 comments:

Cinderella's Closet said...

Congratulations!!! Now we can go shopping together lol. I think you should hit Forever 21 last, being that it is the motherload & you need plenty of time there. Sorta like taking a test, u know what I mean. You got back to the one where you have difficulty (in this case difficulty choosing tons of things). Lastly, Dont forget to bring a shopping buddy.

xoxo

Cinderella's Closet NYC

Amy said...

This is too funny! I love how you mapped out your mall route. I have to admit that me and a friend of mine did exactly this at an outlet mall!

House Of Jeffers said...

Thanks lady! I don't know if I should commend myself for planning it all out - or be utterly ashamed! LOL

Jen
houseofjeffers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

well congrats on making it for a month without shopping at all! and i must say. i got a royal kick out of your plan of attack for shopping :) cute cute. <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com