photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, October 10, 2011

New Jersey's Fashion & Beauty Week


"It's very Jersey in here."

Being my first time attending Fashion & Beauty week last Monday, I wasn't sure who or what to expect. But one thing I knew was a sure-shot - the style that New Jersey has become known for (and whether or not it's a good thing all depends on your personal opinion) was in full effect.

Over the top hair and makeup, big personalities and a lot of character...

Held at the gorgeous Pleasantdale Chateau in West Orange, the event welcomed local New Jersey celebrities like the Real Housewives of New Jersey, cast members of Jerseylicious and a slue of fashion industry folks and spectators to view collections from a variety of designers including menswear, womens ready to wear, resort and evening... and to raise money to support the Diabetes Research Institute.

There was also a silent auction for Yanina Jewelry, hair and beauty treatments and food and wine!




Admittingly, I felt a was in the middle of a "Which one of these does not belong" game, and I was the one out of place. One the one hand, I'm glad that NJ is starting to have events like this. But on the other, people such as myself who don't exemplify typical Jersey fashion, have to hold their own among the Garden State's ideals of style. And I'm okay with that. After all, it's all about variety, right?
Of course, the focus was the runway previews from Dolce Vita, Bound & Tide, Poland-based Teresa Rosati, Ari, and my personal and crowd favorite, Devon Thomas.

Dolce Vita



Devon Thomas



Ari



Bound & Tide


Teresa Rosati





No comments: