photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, October 31, 2011

Snow Vs. Cougar Boots

Although I was expecting snow, the 5 or so inches that fell on New Jersey came as a surprise. Just last week I was taking photos in skirts and short sleeves, and now this? Luckily, it didn't interfere with the hair appointment I had ... As you can see, my hair is a bit darker and a touch redder now.


While the weekend was a white-out, at least I had the right shoes to trudge through the snow the morning after. The lovely folks over at Cougar Boots and Matchstick asked me to review a pair of boots of my choice, mine being Marla. And since Cougar Boots are known for their booty-kicking, weather wear-ability, I figured Saturday's weather would be the ultimate test.

The first thing that drew me to the Marla boot was the heel. Sometimes, snow boots aren't the most fashionable, but this ankle boot has an adorable, rugged dressed-up edge great for jeans and skirts. Plus, I loved the shearling details on the tongue and ankle. An extra set of matching shoe laces came with em', but I opted to keep the blue ones!



But what sold me on the boots: They're warm and waterproof! The insulated, plush insoles kept me toasty, and the exterior leather handled the slushy snow perfectly - even when snow fell on me (as seen in the photo below). Not a drop of moisture got inside them. And although it has a heel, I didn't feel unbalanced in the snow at all. Work that snow runway, ladies!


Outfit:
Purple pea coat - H&M
Striped sweater - Forever 21
Crochet grey scarf - Homemade! DIY!
Jeans - Forever 21
Marla boots - gift from Cougar Boots

I'm so glad I have boots like this for the winter! No doubt they'll take me through the weather comfortably and in style! A huge thank you to Cougar Boots & Matchstick!

No comments: