photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Glass Candy - Julep Maven Review

Ya'll know how much I love nail polish. And with the lack of speciality nail joints in New Jersey, I do all of my own nail art. 

Plus, I'm always on the lookout for anything nail polish related that has me written all over it.

Enter Julep Maven. Similar to what Birchbox does for beauty and cosmetics, this is all about mani/pedi goodness. Normally, I'm hesitant to commit to beauty offers that require me to sell my soul, or may or may not deliver me goodies I'll actually use, but since I'm addicted to nail polish, for $19.99 a month, I figured I'd give it a chance.

My first box, called the It Girl, arrived right around Christmas.

My It Girl box arrived with two lotion samples, silver glitter, colors (from L to R), Helena, Alfre, Chloe & Fast Dry Topcoat.

While I've been using the topcoat like mad, I finally painted some nail art with Chloe last night, a black polish infused with flecks of red glitter, as a base. The polish itself glides on smooth, and you don't need a lot to get a good coat. I then used a metallic red for the lightning bolts/triangles.






Finally, something for all those nail polish junkies out there. Each month, I'll receive a new box filled with all new colors and products! Plus, I can preview my Julep Maven box before it's sent to me... and if I don't like what I see online, BAM! I have the option to change it or skip the month. 

Can't really go wrong for $19.99 a month when you're receiving about $40 or more worth of product. Winning.

So:
1. If you like getting goodies in the mail...
2. Like painting your nails, shopping for nail polish or nail art and like pre-picked goodies...
3. Enjoy reviewing new products and colors before anyone else, then Julep Maven is an awesome idea that I totally recommend.  

No comments: