photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, February 17, 2012

A Space To Call My Own

Since my blog is called House Of Jeffers, I figured it sorta makes sense give my readers a peek into where everything I put into my blog goes down. 

And just like many of you, there's one treasured place - besides your closet - that every blogger needs: a workspace.

The one thing I didn't have in my old place was an office. My desk was in my bedroom, and I always wanted my own space to be productive. So, when we moved into our new home, I  mapped out what my "blogspace" decor would look like.

Outfit:
Colorblock Striped Shirt - Zara
Black pants - ?
C Label Patent Leather Wedge Boots - Lulus.com

At my desk, I need a lot of organized clutter - whether it's a collage, knick knacks that I treasure (like my vintage robot and platform shoes that look prettier off than on) and things that inspire me. For a couple of years, I've collected Blythe dolls - which I went through hell trying to get (Ebay anyone?). She's fashionable and from the 70s, so this doesn't truly count as playing with dolls.

My Blythes, stone cold chillin in my version of a grown-up Candy Land for 30-somethings, on my shelf.

I love the photo of my dog, Zoey, when she was a lil pup. And the drawing of myself was done at LuckyFabb by Lauren of My Closet in Sketches. All the stuff on my desk has been aging away in boxes, and now that I have more room to spare, I've proudly displayed em, and enjoy glancing at them every time I sit down to blog.

Oh, and all desks need a little eye candy. That's where Adam Levine (the Maroon 5 poster in the right corner) comes in handy. 





My own little slice of non-corporate heaven... and I don't even have to put on makeup to do this kind of work. 

Come on, full-time blogging - happen for me someday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow your desk is so neat and organized. I've been meaning to do a post like this too. When I finish reorganizing i gotta to a post.