photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Migraines Are A Mother


I don't often talk about very personal things going on in my life on House Of Jeffers because I like to keep things upbeat, and figure my readers like to see the same, too. But, as you know, live isn't always roses.

But, having a blog means that sometimes life happens... and that means shifting gears for a while to take care of the things that are of equal importance to you. Plus, I think me taking this step to write about something a little more personal might open the door for me to do this more often here. After all, what I'm about to write isn't anything to be ashamed of or that catastrophic... it's just life.

So, on Sunday, I woke up with a migraine. I've had migraines all my life, and this one wasn't even the worst. The one thing that WAS different was my vision - I was seeing spots, and things looked murky. I thought perhaps I just slept strange, and figured it was going to take some time for my eyes to adjust, but, an hour later, no improvement.

Then, I started to get some other symptoms that had me concerned - particularly my arm going numb and my heart pounding. First thing I thought was, "I'm having a stroke." Without anyone home, no signs of my headache easing up, and my family a good 30 minute car ride away, I called 911.

I was taken to a hospital and treated for my migraine symptoms - blood tests, IV and all. I had another minor issue that related to my migraine, but for now, I'm doing better. At some point, I'll be seeing a neurologist.

I did, however, have the worse migraine of my life Monday. I visited my primary care physician and found out that the type of migraines I get are called Aura. What turned into a slight migraine at 11 a.m. turned into constant beating of my vein in my forehead, temple and ear for 8 hours... and it still hasn't stopped today. I know I'm not the only person who suffers from migraines, so I'd love to hear what remedies you use to relieve migraine pain.

So, why am I telling you this? Because I missed my blog for the couple of days I've been away. I missed my daily routine that every Sunday night I sit down and write another post on House Of Jeffers. While some of you may or may not have noticed, I just wanted to share what's been going on so I can ease back into my regular, chipper, sarcastic, bang-filled outfit posts.

See you back here on Friday with a new post... and thanks for reading!




No comments: