photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, May 10, 2013

Beyond The Blog: Bust Craftacular 2013 Dumbo, BK

Beyond The Blog (I hope) is a new series on House Of Jeffers that lets me talk about things other than fashion. For the first installment: Bust Craftacular!

I love for a solid craft fair and a handmade anything, especially jewelry and prints, and I've found some of my most coveted treasures at them.

For years, I've been attending Bust Magazine's Craftacular held twice a year in Manhattan and often, Brooklyn. But don't think of this as your average congregation of arts and crafts. Craftacular captures the true spirit of the hand-mand movement with all types of wares - jewelry, pottery, clothing, metalwork, knit work, food, accessories and anything that welcomes imagination - food and even workshops.

Last week, Spring Craftacular 2013 hit up Dumbo, Brooklyn - a place where I hear my people (hipsters) thrive, and the art culture is booming.

the brooklyn bridge | houseofjeffers.com

Ironically, I've only been to Brooklyn once, and never visited the Brooklyn Bridge. With the weather on point, and best friend in tow, we took the subway into Brooklyn, ready to get our crafts on.


  


Craftacular always has the most creative artists offering up some of the coolest stuff that you can't find just anywhere. But my bread and butter is jewelry. I managed to snag a personalized ID bracelet from Brooklyn Charm that you will definitely see on House Of Jeffers... A lot.

        


Shara Porter's printed leather goods were one of my favorites. I actually bought one of her hand-printed  wallets (below) at Craftacular in 2011, which I use to carry my business cards. 

shara porter handprinted leather


lab by laura busony | houseofjeffers.com
L.A.B. by Laura Busony's copper Peter Pan collars featured tiny aluminum roses and hammered details. The black necklace (second from top) was actually featured in Lucky Magazine!

mamu thai noodle foodtruck | houseofjeffers.com
The best Pad Thai I've ever had came courtesy of Mamu Thai Noodle. Amazing! 

Check back Monday to see what I wore!

No comments: