photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Warby Parker Home Try-On Review

The speckled folks at Warby Parker invited me to check out their Home Try-On program on the road to channeling my inner Lisa Loeb. Always loved her glasses...

But Warby Parker isn't your ordinary eye wear company.
  • While they are in the business of creating their own vintage-inspired glasses for a fraction of the cost (starting at $95 for a pair of prescription glasses), they contribute to a bigger picture.  
  • For every pair of glasses sold, they provide a pair to someone in need. As of today, they've distributed more than 250,000 pairs.
warby parker home try on review | houseofjeffers.com



Home Try-On Fun
The first part of my quest for fashionable specks started by visiting Warby Parker's website, and browsing their selection of eye wear and sunglasses.

The Home Try-On premise is simple:
  • You select 5 pairs of glasses to try out at home for 5 days. 
  • You're not obligated to buy.
  • When you're done, ship em back with the pre-paid shipping label... Oh, and it's all completely free.

With my choices made, I received a snazzy box filled with my selections. Let the party begin.

tenley warby parker | houseofjeffers.com
Mimicking a cat-eye shape, I loved the arch in the frame, but
felt they were a bit small for my face shape.  



ainsworth warby parker | houseofjeffers.com

Since I don't wear prescription eye glasses, these two pairs were the ones I was most excited to try on. I love the look of glasses as a fashion accessory. To me, they're playful and an unexpected
 addition to your wardrobe.

And the geekier, the better.

Both the Ainsley and Marshall glasses felt lightweight, and gave me the nerd vibe I was going for. Ainsley had a round frame, while the Marshall's winged out arch and bridge played up my bangs. But, in the end, the purple and green framed Ainsley won my heart. 



jasper warby parker glasses | houseofjeffers.com
Another round frame contender, the Jasper fit like a glove. This would be the perfect, every day pair of sunnies for someone like me. And, the fact that they're polarized is a major plus.


madison warby parker sunglasses | houseofjeffers.com
I can honestly say these shades are hipster approved. Loved the Rum Cherry color. 


In the end, my choice would be Jasper. Considering the cost and how easy they'd work with my style,   investing in a pair of quality sunglasses is a no-brainer!

No comments: