photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Beyond the Blog: An Update

Hi everyone! Just popping in for a bit...

First, I want to say thank you to everyone who left a comment, wrote to me on Twitter and Instagram, for all the sweet and sincere well wishes for a speedy recovery and safe surgery. It really made me feel so special, and I read every single one of your comments - so thank you for that. There really are good people out there, and I'm lucky enough to be friends with them, and have readers like you to support me. And, I can't forget to thank Sam, Lorna and Suma for stepping in for me - I owe you one, ladies!

As for the surgery, all went well, and I've been spending my time recovering and taking it easy. Surgery day was extremely long, but I was fortunate enough to be able to sleep in my own bed that night (which was the the one thing I really, really wanted to happen). I'm still not 100% back to normal, and I'm living in stretch leggings at the moment, but each day I see improvements. One thing I have done is changed my diet. I've sworn off fast food (thanks to Lent), and I haven't had soda in a week. I know going without soda isn't that big a deal, but no joke, I was drinking it every day, probably for lunch and dinner. I went cold turkey the week before my surgery not having it, and honestly, I haven't had a craving for it since. I feel the need to make some necessary changes when it comes to my health, and I know it'll benefit me longer down the road.

Having surgery unexpectedly has sort of put things in perspective for me, and I'm just trying to stay positive.

But, I'm extremely thankful that all went well and that I can now put this behind me and move forward...

I hope to get back to a normal blogging schedule next week. Being the planner that I am, I did take outfit photos in advance since I knew I wouldn't be able to dress the way I normally do. Waist bands are my enemy at the moment. So, next Monday, I'll be back at it!

Again, thank you all for the kind words and support!

xo,

Jen

No comments: