photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mellow Yellow


Hey kids! Sorry I fell off the Earth since last Wednesday. I was feeling really tired, and have been spending as much time resting and regaining what energy I can in this humid, muggy weather. New Jersey has been hit with a stanky heatwave of humidity and killer thunderstorms, which explains why my hair is up and off my neck.

The only way to get my hair completely out of the way is with a hair donut bun. Since my hair is very long, I use an extra large hair donut and two elastic bands - one for the pony, and one to flatten my hair over the hair donut. 

To get the remaining hair that sticks out from under the bun, I create 3 braids and secure with bobby pins that I wrap around the base of the donut. And, I even added braids on the crown to give it some extra texture. Not too bad for a girl who isn't totally updo savvy, right?







As for the dress, this is the 3rd time I'm wearing it on my blog. It was the first maxi dress I ever bought, and even though it's a couple years old, it's holding up through all the wears and washings I've put it through. Plus, it's incredibly comfortable and breezy. 

Some dresses you just can't let go of... and for me, this is one of em.

 Striped Maxi Dress - Urban Outfitters (old) / Dual Tone Sandals - Target / Camille Laser Cut Bag - c/o Sole Society / House Of Jeffers nameplate necklace - c/o ONecklace.com



No comments: