photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, July 28, 2014

What to Wear to A Hot Air Balloon Festival

Sleeveless Denim Shirt, Polka Dot Skirt, Gladiator Sandals - worn by House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

This weekend was probably one of the best of the summer yet. On Saturday, my husband and I headed north on a day trip to see the Quik Check Hot Air Balloon Festival in New Jersey. I wanted to go since last year, so I wasted no time buying tickets for us.

While I might be a little old to be in awe of air balloons, I have to tell you - to see 50 hot air balloons ascend at once - it's beautiful. Seeing it in person is a whole other experience. Absolutely gorgeous.

Quick Check Hot Air Balloon Festival | House Of Jeffers, a fashion blog from New Jersey | www.houseofjeffers.com

The festival was held in Readington, NJ, near White House Station, at an airport. While the day was hot, there was plenty to keep us busy - from vendors, to festival food, a bike show from Red Bull and of course, the main event: watching the air balloons take flight at night. I expected when I arrived to see balloons in the sky, but, I found out that the balloons aren't flown throughout the day, but rather, at 6:30 a.m. and p.m., as that's when the wind is the best to fly. 

But before the flight, we took some time to take in everything the festival had to offer. That meant for me taking pictures with the balloons. C'mon - they are too awesome not to!

Sleeveless Denim Shirt, Polka Dot Skirt, Gladiator Sandals - worn by House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com




Festival Style by House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com
Sleeveless Denim Shirt - Forever 21 / Polka Dot Skirt - Forever 21 / Gladiator Sandals - Target / Fringe Leather Bag - Brandy Melville / Alex and Ani Bracelets / Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters


The weather started out as overcast, so I had trouble figuring out what to wear. It was humid - about 85 degrees. When I left the house, it was breezy, so I took the tags off this sleeveless denim chambray shirt and paired it with my polka dot skirt, fringed bag, and my favorite gladiator sandals. Appropriate for a hot air balloon festival, right? 

Finally, after some delay, the balloons were inflated and one by one, each climbed upward to create a gorgeous air show of more than 30 balloons in the sky. 

The photos really don't do it justice. It is an absolute must if you can attend a fair like this!
Hope you enjoy the photos!



Quik Check Hot Air Balloon Festival in New Jersey, photo by Jennifer Jeffery | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Hot Air Balloon Festival in New Jersey, photo by Jennifer Jeffery | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com



No comments: