photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dynamic Duo: The Art of Wearing Two-Tone Gold and Silver Jewelry

Dynamic Duo: Gold and Silver Two-Tone Jewelry





I used to be a strictly silver girl, and for the most part, I still am. Gold jewelry, to me, had a tarnished reputation of bad 80s memories of gawdy jewelry that overdressed guidos wore. And the thought of myself wearing it made me scared to even try a piece on - even if it was part of my mother's jewelry collection, or how much I really liked the piece.

Eventually, I warmed up to the idea of wearing gold. So much so that I think I now wear more gold on a daily. However, there was always this rule that you can't mix metals. "Don't wear gold and silver together." Um, why? Clashing metals actually bring the best of both worlds to your outfit. If you carry a bag that has silvertone hardware, but love that treasured gold necklace, two-tone jewelry is one way to meet in the middle.

With more designers like Kate Spade and Tory Burch making two-tone jewelry a part of their collections, its easy to get your fix of both metallics all in one. 

My style tips for rocking gold and silver jewelry:

* Pile on gold bracelets with silver bangles of similar kin. The contrast of the Giles & Brother Pied de Bieche Bracelets together looks really polished and chic.

* Midi rings stacked up on your digits - talk about a boho vibe that's worthy of Coachella.

* Make a statement with one bold two-tone piece, like the Rebecca Minkoff pyramid ring, that draws attention to the accessory in a bold way.


No comments: