photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, January 5, 2015

Pregnant in Paisley


Now 5 months pregnant, I'm starting to not only show... but the struggle to dress myself is real. I've clung to my pre-maternity clothes for as long as I could... but the reality of waiting till next year to wear my many of my winter dresses is setting in. 

I purchased this paisley print dress when I was pregnant, knowing that it would give me some room for a couple of months. I ended up wearing it to a family function, and surprisingly, it wasn't strangling my stomach. The cardigan I'll get plenty of use out of, but those purple tights - no way. I haven't really seen many stores carry traditional "maternity pantyhose", so I've bought size Large in some cases... 

If I'm being honest - shopping for maternity clothes is kind of a bummer. Tops are fine, but pants, especially jeans - there aren't that many options. I wear a lot of black and grey, which is making me feel limited. I think this is why I'm trying everything I can to be as bright as I can with my outfits before I reach the point where I can give a s^&* about style and am more concerned with my comfort.



Regardless, I have to say it's really crazy to watch all the changes your body goes through when pregnant. These pictures are a couple weeks behind what I currently look like, but still, you can see my twin bump making its way out. I miss my waistline... and not seeing my feet when I look down has finally happened!



Outfit details:
Paisley Print Dress - Forever 21 / Knit Cardigan - Forever 21 / Purple Tights - H&M / Grey Wedge Booties - MIA Shoes / Rebecca Minkoff Bag (won it 2 years ago at a South Moon Under opening) / Gold Necklace - South Moon Under / Alex and Ani Bracelets




No comments: