photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Baby Shower - 3/15/15



This past weekend was my Baby Shower! At 33 weeks pregnant, I was a little worried about attending since I've been feeling a little under the weather. But showing up and seeing my family and friends gather in celebration of the boys really made me feel so loved! I am completely overwhelmed by their generosity, and it's so amazing to know that the boys will be surrounded by such warm, giving and loving people for the rest of their lives. Mike and I were really touched, and I'm still in awe of the day!


I knew about the shower since I really did not want to take a chance of the kids dropping out of me if I were to be surprised. With this in mind, I of course searched for the perfect maternity dress to wear. I found this navy blue mod-inspired dress from ASOS - it has an empire waist and a simple white collar that reminded me of a 60s-inspired look. Cozy, comfortable and of course, blue! 


My mother put so much time and effort into planning it, and she really made me feel so special. From the twin elephant diaper cake, to my table centerpieces, games and decorations, everything was just perfect. I really couldn't have asked for anything better. I'll admit - I can be picky when it comes to certain things, but she put so much of herself into planning the shower just because I know how much it meant to her to see me happy. I can be difficult lately since I don't feel 100% at my best, and she took on the burden of dealing with my cranky pregnancy tendencies all because she wanted the day to be the best it could be. And it truly was.


The centerpieces are from Etsy, and feature baby washclothes wrapped like lollipops! We added real lollipops for a little contrast. I'm telling you - Etsy is the mecca for unique baby shower decorations!


As for my favors, it's a pen and notebook set. Since my invites had a chalkboard theme, these little twin-themed favors were perfect. I'm a big fan of practical favors so hopefully, everyone will use em!



My very, very talented best friend made these uber tasty onesie cookies, too! They seriously are too cute! Guests took these home in addition to my favors, but of course, I kept my own stash of cookies as I'm still eating them at work! 


My husband, Mike, was also there. In the past, I think baby showers were strictly thought of as a "women only" event. But I wanted Mike to be a part of it because this is an important part in his life too, and he has gone above and beyond for me during my pregnancy taking care of me, and really keeping our house in order. I'm so very lucky to have him as my husband, and he really doesn't get enough credit for all that he does for me.



And of course, there were lots of presents! I truly was shocked by the amount of gifts on the table. Again, my family and friends are just wonderfully thoughtful people and because of their absolute generosity, we'll be able to make our home warm and welcoming with everything we need to take care of our little dudes. 


No comments: