photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, July 31, 2015

Beach, Boardwalk and Bangs

A mural in Asbury Park, New Jersey is the perfect place for an #ootd photo op! Fashion blogger House of Jeffers wears a crop top and floral print skirt
Living in New Jersey, the thing to do in the summer is to go "down the shore" aka to the beach. It's almost like a right of passage in your childhood that your parents take you to the boardwalk as a child, and it becomes something that carries over into your teenage years and adult hood. And it never gets old. 

New Jersey has a lot of beaches, more so than boardwalks. On a not so hot afternoon, I packed up the twins and drove to exit 102, to Asbury Park. I spent a lot of time there in my 20s as the legendary Stone Pony is there - back when I used to be a music journalist. The area during the mid 2000s wasn't the greatest. The boardwalk itself was completely barren and abandoned from it's earlier years in the 1930s as a popular destination spot. However, they have since built the boardwalk back up into an artful celebration of culture centered around the beach. There are murals everywhere that are a fashion bloggers dream come true. 

Um, how could I NOT take photos in front of Madam Marie's!? The mural outside her shop oozes of gypsy vibes. This is by far my favorite summer photo location.


A mural in Asbury Park, New Jersey is the perfect place for an #ootd photo op! Fashion blogger House of Jeffers wears a crop top and floral print skirt


As for my outfit, I curled my hair that day to test out my newly revived ombre. The striped crop top and floral print skirt  - a give in being that I live in skirts from June to September. So comfy and colorful!

And here's yet another mural. I think Asbury Park is going to become my go-to for summer #ootd posts!

Summer #ootd post featuring ZeroUV sunglasses, crop tops and floral print skirt | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Summer #ootd post featuring ZeroUV sunglasses, crop tops and floral print skirt | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com
Outfit:
Mirror Sunglasses - ZeroUV / Striped Crop Top - Forever 21 / Floral Print Skirt - Forever 21 / Gladiator Sandals - Forever 21 / Steve Madden Bag / Alex and Ani Skirt

No comments: