photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Blue Hues


Going back to work has given me the chance to dust off all the clothes I couldn't wear while pregnant, and to rip the tags off new ones I bought when I literally couldn't see my feet.

But now that I have a view of what's beneath me, I'm back in my heels and feeling like I'm regaining my pre-pregnancy appearance. It's been 4 months, and for the most part I think I look pretty much the same. Okay... I'm just going to say it: I look like I didn't have two babies. And I know how lucky I am to have good genes in the sense that I was able to bounce back to my pre-baby size. But, I do have some work to do and while it may not be visible to everyone, I know what I want to achieve and that I'm not 100% there yet. It is a struggle to come to terms that your body really isn't your body anymore after you have a baby, let a lone two. Yet, what it all comes down to is any woman who has had a child would probably say they would sacrfice the appearance of their body for the sake of their children. And I'm no exception. 


Dresses have always been a staple for me, and especially for summer. Expanding my color palette, this blue geo print dress in blue is one of my current favs. I've worn it both casual and dressy, as is evident by the heels in today's #ootd. I wore this outfit on a Sunday for lunch in my town with the boys, and for some mommy time getting my hair blown out in the morning. Simple pleasures, people. I'll take free time when I can get it... but I don't mind sacrificing my personal me time for the boys. 

Unless we're shopping (just kidding!).


Outfits:
Dress - Forever 21 / Ankle Strap Metallic Heel Heels - Spring.com (shop a similar shoe style here) / Stitched Leather Camera Bag - Henri Bendel / Bracelets - Alex and Ani / Sunglasses / ZeroUV


No comments: