photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Perils of Pink

Even though I do consider myself to be a girly girl, I think I still hold on to some tomboy tendencies. Don't get me wrong - on the outside, I'm a total pink-loving lady. But, that doesn't mean I don't know how to play with the boys... or curse like one. Sorry, mom.

nj fashion blogs | house of jeffers.com


gnome enterprises| houseofjeffers.com
Outfit:
Gnome Enterprises Bunnie Tee / BDG Jeans - Urban Outfitters / Tassel Smoking Flats - Nine West / Urban Expressions Handbag (purchased at South Moon Under) / Gold Knuckle Ring - Urban Outfitters / Gold Studded Bangles - Forever 21 


I wasn't always this into pink and whatnot. As a kid, I played softball and used to watch wrestling with my dad (and still do with my husband). I was absolutely more athletic then than I am now. I blame my bangs... I don't like to sweat, and I certainly don't like to go camping or be outdoors unless its surrounded by sand.

But I think holding on to some tomboy tendencies toughened me up. In elementary school, I was the shortest, tiniest girl in the class, which opened the door to some kids picking on me. Would I call it bullying - sometimes. I definitely had days when I faked an illness so I didn't have to go to school. But, I think for all the times I was picked on, now, as an adult, I've got a much thicker, more opinionated, stronger skin. It just happens to be dressed up in a bunnie t-shirt.

nine west shoes handbags | houseofjeffers.com

fashion bloggers nyc | houseofjeffers.com


No comments: