photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

LMD - Little Mint Dress

new jersey fashion blogs | houseofjeffers.com


Somewhere in the midst of preparing for spring and summer, I ended up with a lot of mint green. And I mean a lot. Upon further inspection of my closet, turns out mint green is a close second to black in terms of colors of choice. As of this week, I've banned myself from buying any more black clothing.

And normally when I wear a dress with a definitive waistline, I belt it. But I wanted to go in a different direction with my LMD - Little Mint Dress. On my quest to stay away from buying another black belt, I figured I'd go for a versatile choice - a neon pink belt. 

My advice for pairing two bold brights:

Believe it or not, wearing two brights at once does work as long as you keep one part of your outfit a little more subdued. If the outfit is bright, keep the shoes neutral or go with a basic color.

charlotte russe shoes | houseofjeffers.com

jen of house of jeffers blog | houseofjeffers.com

Obviously, I'm breaking many fashion rules with this outfit, including mixing metals with silver jewelry and gold-accented ballet flats. Honestly, rules schmules. I wear what makes me feel good, and if that means being a fashion outcast... Oh well.

how to wear bright colors | houseofjeffers.com

charlotte russe shoes | houseofjeffers.com

charlotte russe dresses | house of jeffers blog


Thug life.                                                                 
 gypsy warrior ridgewood nj | house of jeffers fashion blog
Outfit:
Mint Green Lace Skater Dress - c/o Charlotte Russe / Neon Pink Belt - Forever 21
Metallic Cap Toe Ballet Flats - c/o Charlotte Russe  / 2 Bandits Naja Cuff /
Antique Mood Ring - my mother's / Bow Necklace - Gypsy Warrior



No comments: