photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, July 21, 2014

Festival Ready: Milkmaid Braids


Festival Hairstyles: Milkmaid Braids | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com
This weekend, I finally got my hair into a milkmaid braid! If you're constantly wondering "How'd she get her hair to do that," and immediately, looked no YouTube for milkmaid braid tutorials, then you'll understand what it's like to have serious hair envy.

But, I can't take the credit for doing the braid. Over the weekend, I had a routine bang trim scheduled. After it was done, I had some time to kill, and figured I'd look up a local blowout bar that recently opened, that also does hairdos and braids. I was in luck! While the stylist had never heard of a milkmaid braid, I showed her a photo, and she whipped my hair into this adorable do in 20 mins!

Black and White Striped Dress, Kate Spade New York Bag | www.houseofjeffers.com

Milkmaid Braids, as worn by fashion blogger House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Milkmaid Braid Tutorial on House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

I have to learn how to do this to my hair myself. The one trick the stylist had me do to make the two braids was flip my head over while she braided each side. I've seen YouTube tutorials where the girls pull their hair up over their head to braid - but flipping your head over definitely makes your hair pull up easily on the crown.  She then used bobby pins to secure each braid, tucking the excess on each side. I was so sad when I had to take it out.

BTB Jewelry Necklace, as worn by Jen of House Of Jeffers - www.houseofjeffers.com

Milkmaid Braid Tutorial on House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

A hairstyle like this is so versatile. I decided to dress it up for a royal-inspired theme. Being that I just purchased this black and white striped Francesca's dress on Friday, I had to wear it with my new do!

Black and White Striped Dress - Francesca's / Mary Jane Wedges - Shoedazzle.com / Kate Spade New York Bag / Bird of Paradise Necklace - BTBJewelry.com / Square Bangle - Thrift store find!

No comments: