photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A Shift in Color


Although I can never say no to wearing black as a wardrobe staple, summer is my favorite time of year for style sense I can expand my color pallette to taste the rainbow. Never one to shy away from brights and bolds, experimenting with color combinations lets me retire some of my black clothing for the season and step out in something more lively.

And now that I'm a mom to two boys, blue and green are in my life constantly. I've always loved mint green and teal, but until my Henri Bendel bag, I never wore blue. EV. ER. 



Blue is growing on me though. To get used to wearing this shade, I started with my nails first. Digging through my jewelry box, I polished off my turquoise jewelry and started wearing those pieces again. I've often resisted wearing specific colors that in my opinion weren't versatile to pair with my current wardrobe, but surprisingly, shades of indigo and cobalt are quickly becoming the norm for me... and I love it!

This lace shift dress from Shop Sosie gives a nod to vintage pieces from the 60s as it has the shape of a mod-style dress, but the timeless femininity of delicate lace. The hem is my favorite part, actually. 





Turns out, you're never too old to try new things... and for me, I'm just discovering how fond I am of wearing a color that I stereotyped for just the boys. 

Outfit details:
Lace Shift Dress - Shop Sosie / Nude Wedges - c/o Charlotte Russe / West 57th Satchel  - c/o Henri Bendel / Alex and Ani Bracelets



No comments: