photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Plaid with Purpose


You know the feeling you get when you're sick of wearing sweaters and layers, so you start transitioning those spring wardrobe pieces that you have eagerly anticipating wearing for months? Welcome to my life. I refuse to wear chunky knits and heavy overcoats from this point on. Okay... so the shoes might be a stretch, but any sign of spring on a warm day means lacing up those new gladiator sandals and taking them for a walk. Sorry, but I'm over wearing black, over static in my hair and done trying to look pulled together on days where it's sleeting.



And while I'm saying no to heavy coats, I am still in favor of wearing plaid. This gorgeous swing coat from Chic Wish gives me just enough coverage on a chilly day, but is definitely feminine with the large bow at the high neck. The plaid reminds me of a kilt - very royal and regal (Hey, I'll never be queen but one can dream, ya know?) .I've also worn this coat as a dress with simple leggings and it looked just as pretty. 

I'm beyond tired of boots, scarves and cold hands... I'm protesting against Mother Nature until she gets her act together. This year, I'm hoping to do something different in terms of my style aesthetic. I'm thinking more gypsy... still edgy, but mixing soft and hard pieces together for rocker chic look. Can't wait to make the investment in new pieces this year!




Outfit:

Jacket - Chic Wish / Acid Wash Jeans - Three Bird's Nest (via Instagram) /
 Lace-Up Gladiator Heels - LuLu*s / Bag - Forever 21

No comments: