photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Upgraded Minimalist



All this talk of summer being over is reminding me that I need to get in those outfits that I won't be able to enjoy in a few weeks. I'm talking crop tops, sandals and neons. I've always had this weird obsession with unicorns... Okay, I know that sounds incredibly strange and no, I'm not high. I just think there's something funny to be said about this mystical and mythical creature that makes me giggle. When I saw this unicorn crop top, I didn't care how I was going to wear it with anything in my closet... I just had to buy it.



For me, I'm in favor of two kinds of outfits: really minimalist in terms of colors - greys and blacks. And then quirky pieces with a lot of flair - hence, the Kate Spade bag. Combining the two is even better in my book since I'm wearing some of my favorite colors while toning down the bright bag with a simple black tulle skirt. Going back to work has let me wear a lot of the clothes I hadn't dug out in a while, and given me a chance to try out this whole working mom routine in the morning. While the top isn't work appropriate, I managed to save this outfit for a weekend of local fun in my town with the boys and my hubby.

August is flying by too fast! Before we know it, fall will be here. And yes, I've already started stocking up!


Outfit:
Uncorn Crop Top - Forever 21 / Black Tulle Midi Skirt - Boohoo.com /
Coach Shoes / Kate Spade Bag

No comments: