photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Tendency for Tulle

NY Fashion Blogs House Of Jeffers wearing a tulle skirt from Boohoo, Forever 21 crop top and a Henri Bendel Bag

Somewhere in between changing diapers and going to work, I managed to make it into NYC a few weeks ago for a dear friend's birthday celebration for a party cruise! The weather was perfect, and the sunset at the pier was even more gorgeous. With an opportunity to get dressed up not going to waste, I planned my outfit in anticipation for a night of sailing around New York City! The term "what to wear" was said about 50 times in my home... which I'm sure thrilled my husband. 

NY Fashion Blogs House Of Jeffers wearing a tulle skirt from Boohoo, Forever 21 crop top and a Henri Bendel Bag


I knew I wanted to wear something that would be ship-appropriate - aka not a skirt that would blow up - and a a pair of shoes to keep me in balance. The tulle skirt from Boohoo, which I wore a few weeks ago here, was a great option because it looked dolled up with my polka dot crop top and ballet-inspired wedges from Shoe Mint. Tulle skirts were huge last year, and when I looked for mine, I knew I didn't want to spend any more than $40 on. And I didn't. Mine cost around $28! The luxury item of my look comes from the Henri Bendel bag - gold hardware instantly dressed up any outfit.


A night out was definitely what we needed. Don't get me wrong - I cherish all my days and nights with my boys, but I think it's important for parents to maintain as much of the normalcy they had before to keep their own sense of self now that they're new parents. Since the babes were born, we've been out a handful of times, but nothing as fun as the boat ride. 

And even though I live so close to New York, I don't think I truly appreciate it. The trips I do make into the city I often find something new about New York that creates a new memory for me, and motivates me to do more of these fun things. Hopefully, we'll get to have more dressed up nights and fun-filled days that we can share with the twins as they get older!



The mister and I.

Outfit:
Polka Dot Crop Top - Forever 21 / Tulle Skirt - Boohoo / Lace Front Wedges - ShoeMint / Henri Bendel Bag

No comments: