photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, September 28, 2015

Mod Mom Style


NJ Fashion Blogger Jen Jeffery Of House Of Jeffers wearing a mod-inspired look. | www.houseofjeffers.com

NJ Fashion Blogger Jen Jeffery Of House Of Jeffers wearing a mod-inspired look with a Tory Burch Fleming Bag. | www.houseofjeffers.com

On the weekends, I like to get dressed up when I take the boys out. It's not much of a departure from what I do during the workweek, but since there haven't been nights out away from the boys, I try to always put my best stylish self together for days I spend taking the boys somewhere. And in this outfit, I really think I look like a vintage mom. Very Leave It To Beaver June Cleaver Style. 


NYC Fashion Bloggers | House Of Jeffers blog brings you relatable style on a budget that actually makes sense.

Which leads me to my first true relatable fashion post! Remember how I told you I was rebranding the blog, and would be sharing my style trials on pairing high-end with the economical? This outfit is a perfect example!


Economical
Since I was able to squeeze in another dress day, I wore this adorable Peter Pan collared dress I scored at Forever 21 for around $17. Some of my bangles are from Alex and Ani, and some, I found at a thrift store and paid no more than $5 for two vintage goldtone bracelets. And I ain't mad at it. Love a bargain.

High-End
I consider two of the other things I'm wearing high-end. 
First, my heels are from Banana Republic. No joke, I bought them during someone's wedding in New York. After the ceremony, my dogs were killing me and I had to get the shoes I add on off - immediately. Listen, a shopper is never not in shopping mode. Twenty minutes later, I scored these lovies. They have a gold bar on the inside of the heel, which gives the shoes a refined look. They were $110, and are about two years old.

Tory Burch Fleming Bag, as worn by fashion blogger House Of Jeffers. More of this look at www.houseofjeffers.com

But the piece I spent the most on was this gorgeous Tory Burch Fleming Bag. When I went back to work last month, I was promoted, and to reward myself for my new position, I figured I'd buy the bag I'd been stalking on Instagram for, like, ever. Best of all - I didn't pay full retail price for this bag. In fact, I got it for 70% off, plus an extra 10% at Saks - which added up to at least $125 less than full price. My secret - sign up for the mailing list, then keep an eye on multiple websites for sales. For a Tory Burch bag that is relatively new, I think I seriously scored.

It's gorgeous. It's quilted. It's timeless. And it is THE bag. Like, the bag you buy that you won't take certain places because you don't want it to come in contact with other people... Yeah, that bag. 

Hard work pays off... especially when shopping for a bargain!


Mommy Blogger House Of Jeffers. Mother of fraternal twin boys! www.houseofjeffers.com
Outfit:
Daisy Print Peter Pan Collar Dress - Forever 21 / Black Pumps - Banana Republic
 / Tory Burch Fleming Bag / Alex and Ani Bracelets /



Shop the Look





No comments: