photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, February 13, 2012

Lulus, Bloggers Night Out, New York Fashion Week - Oh My!

One of the best parts about blogging are the friendships I've made. So when events come along that gather all us under one roof to mix and mingle, I'm all about it.

And New York Fashion Week is definately an excuse for us fashionable dames to get together!


So on Friday, I planned to hit up two events. The first was the Lulus.com Style Studio event, held at the pop-up park, OpenHouse Studios, in the heart of Nolita. Boasting a whimsical surrounding of garden flora, the event gathered the best of the blogging world, plus beauty, prizes, and of course, their awesome array of clothes! Since I'm a huge fan of the site, I knew this event was going to be uber fun and of course, have some adorable duds to scope out.

Outfit:
Polka Dot Blazer - Forever 21
Sheer Dot Jacquard Top - Forever 21
Pleather Tights - Zara
Evade shoes - Jeffrey Campbell
Bracelets - Henri Bendel


My partner in crime for the night, Nicole of Black Shoes Diary.

Each attendee was given a style map to follow, which led them to a Style Destination where Julia of Orchid Grey, Jen of JenLovesKen, Bonnie of Flashes Of Style, Laura of On The Racks & Bethany of Snakes Nest were waiting to giving style advice. Oh, and everyone picked something to take home! My my style matched Spider Mum Edgy, Laura's rack, which ranged from bold prints to vixenish dresses. Can't wait to show you what I got!



Next, was the Blogger's Night Out event at The Caufield (yes, as in Holden Caufield from Catcher In The Rye). Another fab event showcasing jewelry, trends, contests, and of course, bloggers! This joint was packed like whoa - style to the umpteenth degree.

I FINALLY got to meet my girl Jasmine from WebHauteJas (photo below) with her dope metal gold nails! She's a doll (which I really already knew), but getting to met her in person was even better!



Talk about bling bloaw, Sorrelli's Sparkle Spot reminded me of why glittery things rule.
Yup, I'll take one of everything.

I also met Wendy Brandes, jeweler blogger extradioner. No joke - this lady is the bee's knees. While admiring her chunky jewelry, we talked about... let's just say, "adult" stuff... like being the old, I mean, odd one out at concerts, husbands and lady bits. In that order. Such a sweet and sassy lady with killer jewelry to match her bubbly personality.


Wendy Brandes and I... channeling our love for neons.
Marisa, one of the Blogger's Night Out, organizers, emceeing.
The stylishy chic ladies of DailyBuzz Style. 

Two awesome events that let me re-connect with some of my favorite NYC blogger gals! Although the commute into the city might be exhausting, in the end, it's worth it!

No comments: