photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Top 3 New York Fashion Week Designers I'd...

Even though I couldn't attend New York Fashion Week shows in the flesh for February, that didn't stop me from catching live shows or presentations online.

My biggest inspiration are designers who stick to prints and take huge risks in a way that celebrates being ladylike and girly... but with a little bit of bad ass appeal.

Here's my top 3 New York Fashion Week's Fall 2012 designers picks that I'd donate my eggs for.


A gal who's not afraid of bold prints and a mixture of colors is my kinda lady and... that would be Stacey Bendet of Alice and Olivia. Not scrimping on the stripes, neons, and embellishments done with careful consideration of not crossing over the gawdy line, this collection is right up my alley... and should be in my closet. I've never met a stripe I didn't like, and this two-piece suit is all types of fab. Darn, I'll even take the haircut, too.



Hmmm... let's see what else on my list of loves Ms. Bendet included.

Sequins?

 Check.

Parisian chic meets good girl gone bad - on the weekends?


 Check.

Mod meets Modern?


Oh yeah. Double check.


The mother of prints. Although her Fall 2012 "Rendez-Vous" collection featured some prints, the centerpiece was color blocking and celebrating the art of seduction. And what better way to do that than with impeccably tailored dresses, draped bodices and variations on her infamous wrap dress?






I've long admired Betsey Johnson... she is THE designer who turned me on to fashion. Her voice, always vibrant and unabashedly free spirited, spoke to me from a punk rock P.O.V.  when I was 13. Simply put: No one can do what she does the way she does it. She's constantly pushing the fashion boundaries, and I can count on her collections to expose me to a new inspiration from hers. This year, it was a dash of British culture and her traditional "If it's pink, it's probably Betsey" mentality.




Who were some of your favorite collections this year?



* ALL photos via www.Style.com

No comments: