photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back To Black

house of jeffers


Sometimes, you gotta pull a Johnny Cash and go all black. The Man in Black was the original purveyor
of this monotone look, and plain and simple - it just looks cool. 

polka dots house of jeffers

fashion blogger house of jeffers

polka dot tops forever 21 | house of jeffers
Outfit Details:
Polka Dot Top - Forever 21 / Faux Leather Skirt - Forever 21  / Black Tights - Target / Cambridge Satchel Fluoro Pink Satchel (won at IFBCon) / Gold Stud Shoes - Miss Selfridge / Gold Chain Link Bracelet - Charming Charlie / Henri Bendel Hand Me Down ring / New York Color Ultra Last Lipstick in Blue Rose

This, to me, is absolutely a House Of Jeffers outfit. It's got black, studs and a scream of unexpected color a la my neon pink lipstick and the Cambridge Satchel Company fluorescent pink satchel I won at the IFB Conference. I've always wanted a Cambridge Satchel (remember when I did a Q&A with The Cambridge Satchel Company?), and now, I can carry a little bit of the UK with me. 

the cambridge satchel company  | house of jeffers

the cambridge satchel company neon pink satchel  | house of jeffers

gold stud shoes  | house of jeffers


Both the polka dot button front top and the faux leather skirt have been sitting in my closet for two months. Originally, I bought the leather skirt to wear to the IFB Conference... Either way, I love how the top has gold studs on the collar - to match my studded oxfords I purchased from Miss Selfridge during my last trip to England. 

I've been really missing the warm weather. I love wearing skirts, but when it's 20 degrees out, the last thing I can think about is putting on a dress. But since I'm trying to cut back on my shopping, I guess I won't be bringing any new dresses home. I'm attempting to save up for a pretty large Happiness Investment that I've been fixated on for some time now, which means smaller purchases are gunna have to stop. 

So thanks, Johnny Cash, for naming your 1971 album after your tendency to wear black. I'm right there with you. 

No comments: