photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Preggers in Purple

Fun ways to dress your bump | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

I can't believe I'm already 6 months (26 weeks to be exact) along in my pregnancy!!!

I remember a time when I wondered when my stomach would start to show... and now, I'm sporting a significant bump as my boys continue to grow. I can honestly say that I have more good days than bad days in terms of how I feel physically in my pregnancy. I know some women who didn't enjoy being pregnant, but when I'm not anymore, I will absolutely miss it. There comes a big sense of pride in looking down at your stomach, and seeing a flicker of movement from a foot or hand pushing out towards me. Simply amazing....

Fun ways to dress your bump | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com


As my bump gets bigger, so does the challenge of being comfortable in my clothes. I want to wear things that are fun from my pre-pregnancy days, but it's not happening. Styling my bump has been interesting, and I have a whole new respect for women who have had to struggle like me to find clothes that make them feel like themselves during pregnancy. 

So, what's on the top of the list I don't want to wear?

Jeans. I finally managed to find a pair of dark wash skinny jeans after outgrowing my first round of maternity jeans, and I sort of want nothing to do with them. Anything tight is out of the picture. 

And what's on the top of the list of clothing I live in most?

Leggings. Hands down they are comfortable and versatile. Sure, you might be sick of seeing me in them, but can't please em all. I changed up my normal top and bottom pairing by adding this Tommy Hilfiger flannel over a Gap Maternity sweater for contrast. Layering 101 - mommy style. 


Gap Maternity, Forever 21, H&M, Mia Shoes - as styled by House Of Jeffers



Outfit details:
Purple Flannel with Seersucker Striped Cuffs - c/o Tommy Hilfiger / Purple V-Neck Maternity Sweater - Gap / Knit Leggings - H&M / Grey Wedges - MIA Shoes / Burgundy Duffel - Forever 21 / Purple Leather Bracelet - Lia Sophia / Urban Outfitter Sunglasses

No comments: