photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, May 29, 2015

#MyMomMakes: Crafting with Innovation with Brit + Co/General Electric

I'm all about arts and crafts that let me celebrate my creative DIY side in my downtime. And being a new mom, we know those moments can be fleeting.


Finding DIY projects that are super easy to complete, not time consuming and innovative appeal to me since I like to work on projects that result in me actually using what I just made. Luckily, such an activity exists thanks to uber resourceful Brit + Co teaming up with General Electric for the #MyMomMakes DIY Shibori Tote and Pouch Kit, along with a littleBits Kit filled with technological goodness! The kit combines creativity and innovation so moms like me don't skip a beat while on the go.



Lugging around my daily essentials just got artsy as the Shibori Tote and Pouch Kit gives you step-by-step instructions on painting a canvas tote and matching pouch to create a watercolor-inspired feel. Everything I need to get my craft on was included - from the color dye paint to the paintbrush.

Once the tote is complete, I can amp up my mommy resourcefulness by assembling a fully-functional, battery-operated littleBits circuit to illuminate the inside of the bag! The kit also has other bits that magnetically snap together to create a variety of other clever do-dads that light up, dim, buzz, unleashing my inner engineer!




I loved putting together different components in the littleBits kit like a mad scientist to see what operating parts I could create. Since all the pieces fit together easily, I can reuse the kit for other projects as well!



Check out more about the Brit + Co and General Electric collaboration to learn how you can become an innovator, too!




No comments: