photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, September 24, 2012

Color Story: Cobalt Blue


I admit I favor black over any other color to wear 99 percent of the time. The majority of my shoes, handbags and tops are black, but since I've been on a color kick inspired by this summer's influx of richer hues, Im leaning toward cobalt blue.

Hence, the peplum top I wore to the Lucky Fabb Conference. And the galaxy print leggings I nabbed a few weeks ago.

While I'm among a gaggle of others who love the whole rainbow denim/pants explosion, I have a theory on shopping for these color wonders. 


What I'm Wearing:
Grey Peplum Top - Cotton On (similar top here)
Cobalt Blue Skinny Pants - Marshall's (similar pants here)
Patent Leather Oxfords - Forever 21 (similar shoes here)
Irridescent Floral Statement Necklace - Forever 21



My tip for buying bright colored pants is simple: 

Don't spend over $40 or ANY pair of pants where the color/print isn't a wardrobe staple. 

Why? Let's break it down:
We all own jeans. And you might spend a little more for a quality jean you'll get continuous wear out of.

But when it comes to printed pants and bright jeans, limit what you spend. You might not get the bang for your buck with polka dot pants and fluorescent colors that you paid $90 bucks for as they can limit your shirt options. Plus, pants like these should be rotated wisely. You don't want to wear them to the point that everyone gets sick of seeing them - and trust me, people pick up on you wearing cobalt blue pants and those galaxy print leggings if you rock em all the time.

House Of Jeffers shopping tip:

Save on color trend pants that you'll wear frequently
Splurge on pants you know you'll wear constantly.


Accessories:
Spiked Brass Bracelet - Forever 21
Spiked Rhinestone Bracelet - c/o T+J Designs (from my LuckyFABB gift bag)
Blue Jean Dream Snowflake Cocktail Ring - c/o Sorrelli
Studded Black Satchel - Zara
Nail Polish 
Zoya Fall 2011 Collection - Dree (camoflauge green)




No comments: