photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Friday, September 28, 2012

Fashion Rules To Break: Neons For Fall

You know those universal fashion rules, like "Don't wear white after Labor Day" and "Shoes and bags should always match." I don't know who came up with them, but honestly, they're ridiculous. Being the non-conformist that I am, I do just the opposite, and encourage you to do so, too.

Neons were a summer staple, who says you need to retire your fluorescents in the fall and winter? 

Neons can act as accent pieces against Fall's darker, rich tones. Case in point, my outfit.

Outfit Details:
Striped Pocket Tank - Victoria's Secret
Necklace - Ideeli.com
Vintage 1950s Blue Rhinestone Bracelet - bought in Philly
Simple Statement Bangle - Forever 21
Grey Crystal Bangle - Givenchy Fashion Jewelry (Macys)


You probably looked at the neon first, then the rest of my outfit. And think of what that pop of color can do for your Fall looks. Sure, they're eye catchers, and a little out there, but there's no need to retire bright pieces just because it's colder out. If anything, play em up. Plus, think of how cool neon will look against the snow?!

My rule of thumb for incorporating neon into my Autumn wardrobe:

Use bright colors in small doses. 

While my Kate Spade New York New Bond Street Florence bag isn't very subtle, my use of brights is limited to just two elements of my look - my makeup and accessories. 

And if someone else tells you you can't wear neons in the Fall - tell em House Of Jeffers said you could.

Sorta makes me wanna do the hustle...



No comments: