photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This ain't no rodeo

I had planned on writing about spring and summer fashion trends, but then New Jersey got hit by a snow storm.... I figured it didn't make much sense putting up photos of girls in shorts and tees when it's 32 degrees outside, and I'm wearing a parka...

Luckily, I had taken some photos outside in February, when there was still snow on the ground from the snowpocalypse. This makes my segway into pleather and liquid leggings much easier.

I love the chine of leather, but not looking like a motorcycle enthusiast (but hey, if that's your bag, I dig, I dig... ) or the cost of real leather. It's no surprise that I like things with a slightly vinyl-esque shine to them, as I own multiple pairs of liquid leggings. To me, they elevate chunky sweaters into nighttime looks, but paired with a blazer and some stems, they're a great alternative to jeans... and I'm always trying not to wear denim as often as I do.

This look from Balmain's Spring/Summer 2011 is what I've dreamed of - but cropped? Never crossed my mind. Homegirl pulls this off perfectly.

Photo via http://theshows.blogspot.com/

There's a couple of rules to pleather leggings:

1. Don't pair them with dresses  -  You already have something quite noticeable going on, and throwing a dress on top of it tends to look a bit silly. Tunics are okay. I usually wear mine with plaid, my other wintertime weakness. 

2. Fit is key - I will say that you have to find the right liquid/pleather legging for you. If they aren't ass-tight, they'll look baggy - which is the problem I run into with trying to find pants that give off the impression that I painted them on myself.

3. Cost - You know me, I'm always on the hunt for a bargain. I've priced out this leggings at numerous stores - they go as high as $70, and for me, I don't feel right buying pants that are synthetic for that price. I got mine for a steal - $34!


Outfit:
Plaid shirt - Delia*s
Vest - Mandees
Pleather leggings - Zara
Boots - Steve Madden
Necklace - Urban Outfitters


4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that vest! and i seriously think you look like Zooey Deschanel, which is def a good thing :)


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Unknown said...

I love your casual sense of style. I think I have that plaid shirt too! Haha, well I love your boots and the grays and black tones of this outfit.

- Meanz (Koi Story)

caramellitsa said...

very interesting!!
love the photos,snow and leather together!!xaxaa

http://caramellitsa.blogspot.com

In Pursuit of Style said...

Leather leggings are my favorite! I have 1 pair but am looking to add another!

PS Love your blog, just discovered it...
In Pursuit of Style