photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Uncharted Territory

When it comes to shopping, there are stores I'm loyal to as I've spent years and time building my wardrobe with their apparel. H&M, Forever21, Zara, Urban Outfitters to name a few.

It's a comfort thing - familiar grounds, in a place you know like the back of your hand... and you're rarely disappointed because you have a general idea of what you'll encounter.

During a trip to the mall this weekend with a friend, I entered uncharted territory. Stores that in my eyes have a different style aesthetic than myself such as Banana Republic, Club Monaco and Loft.

I've been in these stores before, but never really put an effort into finding clothes in them. I usually walk through just to get a general idea of what they carry or just for accessories. I was shopping with blinders on as I had pigeonholed these stores as not being "me".  However, I was proven wrong.

"Oh gee, you don't carry black velvet leggings? Gotta go."  

I gotta stop doing that as I've evidently been missing out on floor displays that really inspire you to take a closer look at the clothes and perhaps try something different. And besides, displays are gearing up for summer - with warmer colors - which happens to be my favorite wardrobe season.

A display in Banana Republic. Loved the hourglasses... and this color scheme.
Admittingly, I felt a little foolish about my outfit in some of the stores, but I take it all in stride. Not everyone dresses like they are ready for battle or a motorcycle run.

Outfit:
Leather jacket - Zara
Scarf - H&M
Plaid tunic - Forever21
Knit tights - Mandee
Boots - Mandee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love your boots and the whole outfit is rlly cute. i know what you mean about "store comfort" i am always loyal to forever 21 and h &m... theyre cheap and cute!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com