photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring stemwear

I can't lie... I have a problem. It's something I'm not proud of, but I'm not hurting anyone....

I can't stop buying shoes.

As winter starts to calm down, I turn to my closet and collection of shoes. If I had to guestimate, I probably have somewhere around 60 pairs. Average for a lady, right? Um, no.

Ok, so maybe that's a little obsessive, but I do get my money's worth out of all the shoes I buy. Spring and summer offers more versatile choices, and, the chance for me to wear color on my feet. Usually, I stick to boots and black for winter, but I revel in the opportunity to wear my favorite green heels from Urban Outfitters and other vibrant shades once the weather warms up.

Currenlty, these shoes are on my wishlist... and my birthday is November 6, by the way. Thanks for asking.

Oh, which one from this photo you ask? Um... all of em. Especially Foxy Wood (in the middle) - the official fashion blogger shoe. Haven't seen anyone wear these in pink... yet. Jeffrey Campbell is the god of making a. fashionable, eclectic shoes that are b. comfortable. I own a pair of heeled oxfords by him that are hands down, one of the most well made, comfortable shoes I own.
Irregular Choice has an amazing selection of funky footwear that you don't find very often. While I was in England, I came across this brand, and I'm glad that I can torture my husband stateside by heading to the Irregular Choice store in NYC!  The Bonny Bonnet (at left) can go with jeans, tights and pretty much anything, while the sparklers on the right I'd have to do some outfit planning.


Outfit:
Cut-away hem cropped sweatshirt - Mandee
Jeans - Zara
Shoes - Christian Louboutin

These bad boys are Christian Louboutin. One can dream... and that's all I'll be doing with these shoes as I'm going to have to find a less expensive alternative. The color yells "Wear me in spring!" For not planning my outfit around these shoes, they actually didn't look too bad what with I had on - minus the deer in headlines expression on my face in the photo.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OH , the Louboutins are just dreamy :)
Dora

http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

i adore the floral patterned heels!!! the blue ones you have on are amazing as well :)

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Allie said...

We suffer the same addiction. I wonder if they have like a support group or something. I love Jeffrey Campbell, and those Louboutins look fabulous!

http://www.thevanitylair.com/

Jody said...

I think you would rock THESE Jen!!! Sorry they don't come in pink though :(

http://www.scoopnyc.com/shoes-and-handbags/shoes/cut-out-platform-bootie

LC said...

Hi Jen! I'm interested in fashion copywriting and I came across your site via linkedin--- I was wondering if maybe you would email me so I could ask you some questions? (I hope that's not too forward!)

House Of Jeffers said...

Hey all - thanks for the comments! Jody - what kinda discount do you get? = P

And Gloria - feel free to contact me!

LC said...

Hi Jen-- Thanks for your response! I was trying to look on the website for your contact information but all I could find was your AOL screenname. Is there an email address hidden on here (or blindingly obvious) somewhere that I am overlooking?