photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Arm Party - Bloggers Do It Better Assignment

I've heard good things about Kristina of PrettyShinySparkly's Bloggers Do It Better assignments, and so I hope this goes over perfectly for my inaugural BDIB post.

I love the look of stacked jewelry - especially mixing metals of like with various textures and finishes. When picking jewelry, I try to choose pieces that I know will work with the majority of my wardrobe, but have a uniqueness to them. And many have significance to me...

Like the Norma bracelet I purchased during a Bust Craftacular from Erica Weiner. She had nameplate bracelets at a bargain, but didn't have my name. I loved the delicateness of the bracelets, so I figured I'd choose the most awkward name I could find. And that's how Norma and I ended up together...

Starting from the top:
Braided sterling cuff - Gift from my mother
DIY Braided friendship bracelet
Norma nameplate bracelet - Erica Weiner
Adjustable sterling stone bracelet  - Bought on a trip to Cape May, NJ
Leather and turquoise bracelet - Bought on a trip to Cape Code



My grandmother is a huge source of fashion inspiration. She was always adorned in some type of lavish costume jewelry. Diamonds, faux gemstones, chunky bangles - I used to sit on her lap and play with her jewelry... And I think her keenness for accessorizing stuck with me. The dainty silver watch I'm wearing doesn't work, but it was hers...

Sorta feels like wearing a bit of history when I look down at my wrists.

Lotus and Leather Bracelet courtesy of J.Rudy Lewis
Vintage watch - My grandmother's
Jade bangle - Bought in Chinatown
Zebra  cuff - Urban Outfitters


No comments: