photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, August 15, 2011

Vinyl Isn't Just For Wearing...

Whomever thought of using records as artwork, thank you.

I'm not a vinyl collector, but as you know, I'm a huge music junkie. New Jersey does has it's music roots - um, hello, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, My Chemical Romance...

One of the best places for new/used records/cds is the Princeton Record Exchange, located off a hidden side street on South Tulane Street in the college-namesake's town. The store is 30 years old and is recognized as a music staple among vinyl record fanatics... and, not to mention, has new/used CDs priced beyond reasonable. While the university itself is beautiful, the town could be described as quaintly chic due to its streets lined with shops and restaurants, perfect for a day trip.






The store has tables and boxes stuffed full of records. However, some of the boxes aren't alphabetized, so you have to sift them em to find the gems. I don't mind - I love old music photography and artwork.

 

After an hour of sorting through nine boxes, I found two records, both from 1977 - Saturday Night Fever and Blondie's Plastic Letters. Gotta love a polyester paint suit and of course, Debbie Harry can do no wrong. Total price: a whopping $3!!! While I can't listen to em, they'll sure look good hanging on my wall.

  

No comments: