photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hats Off To You!

You know how you see certain styles on others and think, "I can't pull that off." I've felt this way about hats. My husband has told me thinks I look good in em, but it took me a while to find the right one for me.



Fedoras just look cool... guy or girl. Finding the right one is another story. Just because it's a beach hat doesn't mean it looks good on you. Hopefully, when you find one, it's more trial than error. I've seen  fedoras that look ridiculously cool on other people. On my own dome, that was a different story. Plus, I'm gunna be 100% honest with ya'll - if it's more than $15, I'm not buying it. My hat: $10.50. Serious dopeness. 

What I'm Wearing:
Multicolored Band Straw Fedora - Charlotte Russe
Waterfront Dress - RachelRoy.com (purchased with gift card I won from Stylecaster!)
Facet Spike Collar Necklace - RachelRoy.com (purchased with gift card I won from Stylecaster!
Cordstone Neon Bracelet - RachelRoy.com (purchased with gift card I won from Stylecaster!)
Gold and Neon Pink Square Blocks Bracelet - Charming Charlie
Gold Sandals - Zara
New Bond Street Florence Bag - Kate Spade


Straw hats are a seasonal luxury, and unless I wear it to death, it won't go too far in my wardrobe. I see why dudes spent lots of cheddar on their headgear, but I have bangs... that's enough going on in the forehead department. 



And this dress?! Love the color, don't you? I scored it, along with the chain link neon bracelet AND facet spike collar necklace from Rachel Roy.com - all with a gift card I won months ago. Talk about saving those pennies for a rainy day! 

1 comment:

Kasmira said...

I've been wearing a straw Charlotte Russe fedora for years! It's really held up well (except for the bits my kittens chewed). I also have bangs and usually sweep them to the side when I wear hats. It's more comfortable (no hair in my eyes or pressed tight against my forehead) and still looks cute when I take the hat off.