photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 16: 30-Day No Shopping Challenge - Looking Up

I started the no-shopping challenge for a bunch of reasons. To save money, to push myself a bit... but there's one underlying reason why I did it...  Plus, after reading Julie of Orchid Grey's honest and truthful post about some of the woes in her life, it inspired me to get a little more personal on my blog.


Outfit:
Pink Polka Dot Blouse - I heart Ronson from JCPenney
Black & Gold Sweater - The Gap
BDG Skinny Jeans - Urban Outfitters
Peep Tow Cut Out Pumps - Nine West
DIY Manicure - Julep Maven's Jodie (red) and Oscar (gold glitter)
Chunky Rhinestone Cocktail Ring - Flea market find
Necklace - Mandee


I might joke about how much fun shopping is, and how I love it and wish it could be an occupation (all of which are true, by the way), but there's one huge reason why I do it: stress.

I've been super stressed out lately, and noticed that when I fell into a funk, I'd go shopping. Something I don't want to make a habit out of. I never go overboard or drop stupid amounts of money on things, but the trips to the mall were become too frequent. I think the main reason I shop when I'm stressed is because it's something I can be in control of. Life has a way of throwing you unexpected curve balls... the things you can't control - and I guess this is my way of getting the upper hand in some aspect of my life.

But, I'm getting better on not sweating the small stuff - and finding more creative ways to unwind. I'm a person that likes to worry before a problem happens. I should just take a big ass chill pill and let life happen... and worry about it later.

So, hopefully, I didn't bum you out and or make ya'll think something catastrophic is wrong. It's just me letting stress get the best of me. "Need a vacation" is an understatement.

Then again, at the end of the challenge, I'll get to shop again. This time, though, it'll be a reward.

No comments: