photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Dutchess & The Duke

What Jen's Wearing:
Peter Pan Lace Top - Charlotte Russe
Pink Jeans - Forever 21
Cut-Out Peep Toe Pumps - Nine West
Black Leather Satchel - Zara (similar style here)
Faceted Triangle Bracelet - Forever 21 (buy it here)
Rhinestone Cord Bracelet - Charming Charlie
Pink Rhinestone Lanyard Bracelet - Henri Bendel

I'm convinced the British influence American fashion and retail more than anyone... Or at least me.

I'm not the first to make this observation, but I will say that I feel like it takes the U.S. months for us to catch up to trends that already happened in the UK.... like, two years ago.

Plus, being married to a Brit has it's advantages. During my last trip to England in 2010, I came across many shirts flirting with adorable Peter Pan collars. To me, Peter Pan collars wreak of baby doll cuteness. They're the ultimate in gawking at your age with something that is fashionably adorable, no matter how young or old you are. 

And you can thank Alexa Chung for inspiring this outfit. You should be jealous of Alexa Chung, actually. She can do no wrong... Google homegirl up. Peter Pan and her need to go into business together.






I swear England is so ahead of the fashion game... The rest of us, or those in New Jersey searching for fashion glimmers among a plethoras of malls, have to admire from afar, and dream of the day they get to visit Miss Selfridge, Oasis and River Island, again.


No comments: