photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What Not To Wear to New York Fashion Week

I think in another life, I was a cop. I love catching people red handed in the act of committing crimes... fashion crimes, that is.

So with New York Fashion Week coming up, a lot of crazy comes out. Some good and some bad. Since personal style comes in all colors and fads, it's inevitable that in an attempt to impress others during New York Fashion Week, bad fashion happens.

Don't let bad fashion happen to you... or your fellow blogging buddy.



Here's my list of of 3 things you shouldn't wear during New York Fashion Week.

1. Shoes you can't walk in. 
I know, I know, you LOVE these shoes. They make your feet look cute... or so you think.
Honestly, if you think know you can't walk in them, then I promise you, EVERYONE ELSE SEES THAT, TOO.

"If the shoe fits, wear it." Hell no. 

2.  Anything that references the things you read about in 50 Shades of Grey
The lines of sexy versus slutty can be crossed in an instant. Call me crazy, but there's something classy about going to the tents to see a runway show. You want to see the show, not give people a free one. So please, cover your nipples.

3. Your bar clothes.
You couldn't save those dirty shorts for another day, could you?
Nothing makes me more perturbed than seeing someone roll up to Lincoln Center, and then be seated in the front row of a show wearing the dirtiest duds they could find. And last September during NYFW, I saw this happen a lot. 

If you have to be "that girl" who turns up wearing the most beat up outfit you own, can you at least make an effort to iron your shirt? Dirty chic is not cool.



No comments: