photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Best Drugstore Lipsticks for Pink and Red Enthusiasts

I've received emails asking about the lipstick shades I wear on House Of Jeffers. While my m.o. is usually a bright pink or deep red, it might surprise you that I buy 99% of my lipstick at drugstores.

When it comes to experimenting with new lip shades, I don't go out and spend $21 on lipstick I tried on once at a makeup counter under unrealistic lighting. Waste of my money and time if you ask me.

And just because a big name brand boasts a good game, doesn't mean you're going to love the color any more.

My favorite drugstore lipsticks in pink and red will cost you under $10 or even less! Fashion on a budget!


best drugstore lipsticks | house of jeffers

1. NYC New York Color Ultra Last Lipwear - Blue Rose 405
Price: $1.99

NYC's Ultra Last Lipwear in Blue Rose is a bright, almost-fuchsia, pink that I've worn throughout the winter, fall and into the spring. Think traditional pink amped up with a touch of brightness along the lines of a subtle neon. I wear this color the most as it tends to compliment anything I'm wearing, and isn't overpowering as a pink (my Fashion Rules To Break: Neons For Fall post features this shade).

2. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color - Red Revival 645
Price: $7 - $8

My go-to red, Maybelline's Color Sensational in Red Revival, has a rich pigment that you feel in it's application due to it's pure pigment. Red Revival leans more toward a darker red versus a pin-up red. Check out my She Wore Red post to see this color!

drugstore lipstick reviews | house of jeffers


3. NYC New York Color Applelicous Glossy Lip Balm - Applelicous Pink 355
Price: $1.99

With a lip balm base infused with color, I like to swipe this sheer lip balm a couple of times so it's true color comes through. Plus, it smells yummy!

4. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color - Shocking Coral 870
Price: $7 - $8

The name says it all: A bright orange mixed with pink for an ultra bright lipstick combination. When I wear this color, I tend to apply a little extra blush due to my fair skin. What I love about this color it's 80s nod to bright pinks.

5. Wet N Wild Lipcolor - Nouveau Rose/Pink 511B
Price: $2.99

Nouveau Rose by Wet N Wild is a traditional pink in every since. This lip color is what you think of when looking for a straight forward pink.

6. COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick - Vixen 
Price: $7.99

Talk about a two in one, COVERGIRL's Blast Flipstick lets you vary your lip color anytime with it's convenient duo shades in one tube. One shade is creamy, the other is shimmery. I've worn both shades, but I prefer the darker, almost mauve-like shade due to it's smooth finish.

No comments: