photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Birchbox March 2013 Review



When Birchbox approached me to review their March box, I was giddy with excitement. Who doesn't love getting all types of beauty goodness in the mail every month?!

If you're new to Birchbox, let me give you a little 411:
- For $10 a month, you can subscribe to receive a Birchbox sent to your door every month filled with various beauty samples.
- Each box has a range of lifestyle and beauty samples, including things like fragrance, lotion, makeup, nail polish, lipstick, hair accessories and more!
- Plus, you can buy the same samples in full size on their site, too.

Birchbox March 2013
The March Birchbox is bursting with beauty samples and extra shopping goodies to get you ready for spring. Themed as March Madness, the ladies at Birchbox want to help you celebrate the upcoming season with some of their favorite products, and introduce you to new ones as well. Plus, one of my favorite brands, Madewell, is getting in on the action in a special way!

Here's what was in my March Madness Birchbox:


Three delicous scents in Tea Olive Lime, Aloe Water Apricot and Coconut Fig (my personal favorite). 

Birchbox and Madewell have joined forces to bring you the best of spring so you can keep your wardrobe, and your nails, looking fresh. This adorable emery board features a garden-esque floral print taken from their Silk Cami Dress in Sungarden.  I'm all about anything that makes doing manis, and this nail file is it!

Plus, Birchbox subscribers will receive a unique code for $25 any $75+ purchase or more at Madewell! Double whammy!

  • Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo & Color-Saver Paraben-Free Conditioner
I was tempted to hold out on using this product until I go on vacation, but it's lemoney scent and the fact that I have color-treated hair made it too tempting. This sulfate-free shampoo left my hair feeling revived. 

  • MAKE Eyeshadow in Cement (a neutral grey perfect for highlighting)
An exclusive to Birchbox!  Not only was this tiny MAKE Eyeshadow in the most adorable and petite packaging ever, the story behind the makeup line is really inspiring.  

For every purchase of MAKE, one-third of all sales goes to the We SEE Beauty Foundation to fund business run, founded and operated by women. 

  • MAKE Face Primer Broad Spectrum SPF30
Equally cute in size, MAKE's Face Primer Broad Spectrum SPF30 goes on smooth and absorbed into my skin quickly. A little bit goes a long way, and I noticed my makeup did stay in place longer than usual. I haven't used primer in months since I couldn't find one that actually did what the bottle claimed it would, but this MAKE's Primer is now in full-rotation as part of my daily beauty routine.

birchbox march 2013


The verdict
Since these products and brands are new to me, I really loved the March Madness Birchbox! Being tipped off to new beauty products that I can welcome into my makeup kit is always a plus, and I think I'll probably be smelling a bit more delicious for spring due to my new samples.

Big love to Birchbox for sending me this fabulous kit!

No comments: