photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, April 28, 2014

Birds of a Feather

House Of Jeffers Fashion Bloggers from New Jersey | www.houseofjeffers.com

I have a tendency to buy clothing without realizing I may or may not have something to match it with in my closet. I make 99% of my shopping choices based off of how unique it is against my wardrobe. It's an exciting way to shop if you ask me, since you end up with a bunch of pieces you love. Like my Jeffrey Campbell shoes - I bought these 7 years ago, and today, they are one of my favorite purchases. At the time, I hated green, but I absolutely loved the cut of the shoe. 

I must say, I really do love how feminine this outfit is. The skirt, from Wizards of the West, is so out of the ordinary for me in terms of a not being a floral print or stripe, but it's got an artsy feel to it as the birds look somewhat abstract. Since it was a cool day, I wanted  had to wear a sweater, and this monogram J pullover that I nabbed from Old Navy draws from the light blue in the print. 

Monogram style on House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com


Rebecca Minkoff Bag, Old Navy Sweater, Wizards of the West Skirt - House Of Jeffers blog


I know my outfits might look of a similar theme on House Of Jeffers, but in my opinion, it's more important to wear what you love than to try and please everyone else. Sure, I'm a fan of trends and love incorporating them into my style, but I feel so much more like myself when I'm wearing clothes that represent more than just what's popular... Clothes and pieces that represent my personality and my love for diversity are much more important to me than following the crowd.

Maybe that makes me an outcast as a fashion blogger. But, I hope that the shift towards embracing the differences among us, versus celebrating bloggers all wearing similar outfits because it's "the thing to do" becomes more acceptable.

Fashion Bloggers from New Jersey, House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Rebecca Minkoff Handbag, as worn by Jen of House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Monogram J Sweater - Old Navy / Bird Print Skirt - c/o Wizards Of The West / Rebecca Minkoff Blake Bag - won at a South Moon Under event (sold out, but here's a similar style)  / Jeffrey Campbell Kitten Heels - sold out, but these JC shoes are just as pretty! / Heart Beat Ring - Etsy / Chain Link Bracelet - Charming Charlie

No comments: