photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, April 21, 2014

Seeing The Light

What to wear with ankle boots for spring | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! 

Now that I'm back into blogging, and slowly getting back to normal after surgery, I'm ready to enjoy the warmer weather. This weekend, I was in Tarrytown, NY celebrating the marriage of two of my dear friends. The wedding was beautiful, as was the town. The day after the wedding, Mike and I played tourist and headed to a nearby lighthouse. The chance for a photo op was too good to pass up!

Forever 21 Top, Floral Print Top, Leather Booties for Spring | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Tarrytown is right over the Tappan Zee Bridge, and is right next to the town of Sleepy Hollow. There's a lot of history in the town (beautiful castles, The Rockerfeller Estate) and, not to mention the best jewelry consignment shop I've ever been to. I'd absolutely recommend visiting both for its quint feel and rustic charm.

Since the weather was bright and sunny, I put on one of my favorite outfits that I've not worn on the blog yet. Yes, it's rather simple, but I feel like myself in it - a little, happy hipster in florals, black (of course, and a slub knit sweater that is actually cut out in back but layered with a tank. I love how it's got this layered vibe to it... I wish I had more tops like this one. And the skirt - I purchased it in another print just because the cut fit me perfectly, and can transition from fall to summer. I will definately be wearing this skirt again on House Of Jeffers. Recycling outfits is 100% okay with me. Don't you agree?

Forever 21 Top, Floral Print Top, Leather Booties for Spring | House Of Jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

Fashion Blogs from NJ, House Of Jeffers

House Of Jeffers, a fashion blog from New Jersey

On another note, it feels really great to be sitting at my desk again, back to blogging. These photos are the first I've taken since my surgery, and they feel special to me. It's marking a new chapter of seeing the light at the end of something dark... 

Here's to lighter days ahead!



Outfit Details:
Grey Slub Knit Sweater, Purple Floral Skirt, and Black Ankle Booties - Forever 21 / Black Tights - H&M / Elephant Cuff - consignment shop / Tortoise Shell Sunglasses - Lulu*

No comments: